Saturday 20 October 2012

Kandida

Kandida

The company, CandidaMD, aims to spread awareness of a bacterial overgrowth, called Candida.  As I watched the company video, I was very skeptical of the facts that this former U.S. Navy physician provided.  I decided to learn more about this propaganda.  I discovered that Candida is the same parasitic fungus responsible for yeast infections and that there is an indirect relationship between abundance of Candida  in one’s intestine and depression.  However, I am curious if it all comes down to stress.  Stress too is linked to depression, and stress weakens the immune system.  Therefore, perhaps Candida is another symptom of an overstressed, depressed individual.  I mean, is there such a thing as fungal depression?  Have you heard of this ‘depressing’ fungal?  What are your thoughts on an infection causing a mood disorder?  Or perhaps this is an explicit example of a why biology and psychology need to have different words for mental illnesses. 

Kandida

Kandida

Kandida

Kandida

Kandida

Kandida

Kandida

Kandida

Kandida

 

No comments:

Post a Comment